Sales Associate – Internal & Trade - Parts & Accessories - Rugby
Hours of work - Monday to Friday 8.30 - 17.30, alternate Saturdays 8.30 - 12.30
Rate of pay
£10 - £11/hour (£23,140 - £25,454 per annum)
Role & Responsibilities
As a Sales Associate you are the key point of contact between our business and our customers; answering queries, offering advice and introducing new products. This is a key role interacting with all areas of the business including sales, service and trade customers.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Involvement in the pre-planning of the business day to ensure a seamless customer experience. This will include the consistent delivery of great customer service and meeting and exceeding customer expectations
- Receiving, moving, and storing stock
- Taking orders internally from the Service Department and Workshops
- Taking orders in person, over the phone, by email or via our websites
- Advising customers on parts they may need for their vehicle, including upselling and add on products
- Checking availability of parts and processing orders with suppliers
- Sending orders by courier or our internal delivery van
- Taking ownership of our trade client database, including prospecting for new customers, and contacting existing trade clients.
- Managing returns
- Raising invoices and processing payments
- Establishing new business
- Maintaining accurate records
- Reviewing sales performance
- Aiming to achieve weekly, monthly and annual targets
You’ll develop knowledge of our premium products to understand the purpose of vehicle parts and how they function. The work is diverse and you’ll be working both behind the scenes receiving deliveries and at the front desk, serving customers and creating Douglass Motors fans. To be an extraordinary Sales Associate, you will need the right qualifications to start you on your parts journey. For Douglass Motors this is a minimum of GCSE Maths, English and a Science subject at Grade A – C.
You must have excellent organisation, administration and IT skills. Whilst experience is not necessary, it is advantageous. The ideal candidate will also have the ability to explain technical details clearly to customers. We are looking for a candidate who is confident, patient, has excellent inter-personal skills, shows commercial awareness and a great level of maturity.
If you are imaginative, like a challenge and problem solving, then a Sales Associate role could be the position for you. Ideal candidates are self-starters, creative, fresh thinkers who are ready to represent Douglass Motors as a premium brand and create positive customer experiences from brilliant basics to the customer wow. If you can meet these requirements and believe in the brand values of your potential new employer, you can stand out against the competition to become an extraordinary sales associate.
To apply, please submit a CV and Covering letter Here.